Notice for Quarantine of Entry Pet Animals
来源：Shanghai CIQ 编辑：刘云方 发布时间：2013-03-07 23:37:00 浏览量：
字体: 大 中 小 |
As required by the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine and its regulations for implementation, the entry pet animal shall be quarantined at the quarantine station designated by the inspection and quarantine authority. After carrying the pet animal into China, the owner must declare to the inspection and quarantine authority truthfully, and is requested to read and confirm the following points prior to making declaration:
1. One person is allowed to carry only one dog or cat on each entry. At the time of declaration, the owner shall present the relevant documents including the Animal Health Certificate, Vaccination Certificate, as well as the Individual Entry Certificate as issued by the competent authorities of the exporting country or region.
2. The entry pet animal shall be isolated for quarantine at the animal quarantine station of Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, and take the pet food that is specially supplied. If it is necessary to use the therapeutic pet food with special formula, the pet owner should make it available and provide the prescription and dosage instruction by pet physician. Pursuant to the Administrative Measures for Quarantine of Articles Carried by Entry-Exit Personnel (Decree No. 146 of the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine), the entry pet animal from rabies free area shall be quarantined for 7 days, and that from rabies infected area shall be quarantined for 30 days. During the period of quarantine, the owner is prohibited from entering the quarantine station to visit the pet animal.
3. The owner shall entrust the animal hospital as approved by Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to be responsible for the quarantine, feeding, nursing and disease diagnosis of the pet animal during quarantine, and pay all the expenses in one lump-sum for the period of quarantine.
4. After the pet animal from rabies free area is quarantined for 7 days at the quarantine station, if the results of the test items for relevant diseases all turn out to be negative, the inspection and quarantine authority may allow the pet animal to continue to be quarantined in the owner’s house till the expiry of the term of 30 days.
5. After receiving isolated quarantine for 7 days, if the pet animal from rabies free area meets the requirements for further quarantine in the owner’s house, the owner may pick up the pet animal at the quarantine station, and the inspection and quarantine authority shall release the pet animal on the strength of the owner’s original passport and the Voucher of Detention/Quarantine Treatment for Articles Carried by Entry/Exit Personnel. After the entry pet animal from rabies infected area receives isolated quarantine for 30 days, the owner may pick up the pet animal at the quarantine station, and the inspection and quarantine authority shall release the pet animal on the strength of the owner’s original passport and the Voucher of Retention/Quarantine Treatment for Articles Carried by Entry/Exit Personnel. If the owner does not pick up the pet animal that is 7 days overdue or it is impossible to contact the owner within 7 days by the way of contact left by the owner, the pet animal shall be deemed as the one with no owner.
6. During the period of quarantine, if the pet animal gets injured or disabled, or even dies due to the non-human factors, such as change in pet food and environment, stress reaction, and diseases, as well as other inevitable factors, the inspection and quarantine authority will not bear the responsibilities therein.
7. The pet animal that is diagnosed with rabies during quarantine shall be culled. For the pet animal that is diagnosed with other diseases, the owner may choose to give or abandon treatment. The owner that is willing to give treatment shall sign the agreement with the animal hospital and pay the treatment fees. If the owner chooses to abandon treatment or the treatment fails, the inspection and quarantine authority may handle the pet animal in accordance with the relevant regulations.